02 December 2008

Crazy??


My mind ---- seriously I think I've lost it... probably never had much of it to begin with, but what is left is certainly gone. My Family is coming out for a short visit with one request -Tickets to the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City. I dutifully purchased tickets for all 6 of us back in October in anticipation.

This week is packed with random events in addition to the upcoming visit and so I was carefully planning it all out on Sunday. As I attempted to print our tickets I realized they were for December 18th NOT December 4th and then I promptly panicked. I spent a full day leaving messages at "guest relations", e-mailing, and attempting to make contact with Radio City. I just needed to know if a swap was even possible before I ran out and sold our tickets to the highest bidder and purchased new ones for the 4th. No Response - really. By this morning I was a little worried. I still hadn't heard a thing in response to my many messages...After a minor (or major) meltdown and lots more phone calls I had secured new tickets on the correct day and time - WHEW!


Why the breakdown? I don't know...it really wasn't that much of a problem. I knew all that in my mind, but just couldn't pull myself together. You know the straw that broke the camel's back, but I'm pretty sure that makes me the camel. I think I need help...preferably the kind that comes with an airline ticket to a tropical location, massage, and a babysitter.

8 comments:

The Schurr Family said...

Jen,
I'm glad everything worked out!!!!! Who is coming to visit? I wish I was going with you. We'd have a blast!!

Love you tons & bunches,
Shell

Erin said...

I don't blame you one bit for having a breakdown. I would have too!!

Glad you got everything worked out.

cjdustin said...

Crazy? I was crazy once....you know the rest....sorry about the trouble but I am glad everything worked out!

Lynita said...

I know how stressful this time of year is and quite frankly I would have had a meltdown too! I am glad that you worked it all out, and while you are enjoying the show I will be dreaming of the tropical local, babysitter, and massage! lol!

Michelle Williams said...

You were so stressed, whacked out, because it affected more than just you! You are a giving, thoughtful, loving person who wants to show the best to your family. I'm so glad it worked out and wish I could be one of the fortunate visitors!

Love you!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Yes, jenn I will be home for almost a week over the hoidays. we should get together for lunch or something. I will email you more details.

Anonymous said...

ok I don't know why it keeps doing anonymous comments from me but that last comment was from me.

nyclizzie said...

Jen! It's the sleep deprivation, I tell ya! You can't be a whole person until you get better sleep. Baby Cal needs to get with the program for your sanity. A good meltdown feels good every so often, however! ;-)