06 November 2008

24-30 Finally!

***I will return to answering questions tomorrow***

Today I decided I had to get Halloween out of the way. After all the work I put into our costumes I realize now that I did a lousy job of getting pictures of my "blue crew", but since I was on the Activities Committee and Dan left the camera in the car I didn't have many opportunities to sneak away for photo opps. We went as:


Yes, the Smurfs + Gargamel

Most of these were taken during clean-up of our ward Halloween Party so Carson (Hefty Smurf) had eaten off most of the makeup around his mouth, and Callum (Baby Smurf) had been slobbering all over my (Brainy Smurf) shirt and neck so we all looked a little scary-crazy by the time we took the picture.



Carson during his school parade.


Lovely "Smurfette"


And of course Dan was Gargamel because the kids couldn't talk him into being Papa Smurf.

The kids really wanted to be Smurfs this year and after searching high and low for pre-made costumes to no avail I told them "no". After much begging, I decided this may be the last year for a while that one of my kids would want to have such a crazy costume. So Smurfs we were! I spent three days madly trying to make a pattern and then sew Smurf hats, pants and "boots", and a dress for Smurfette. Gargamel was a little easier to do... It was fun to watch the people at church try to figure out who I was (in real life not my character). It was fun and the kids loved having their friends ask who they were. Hopefully I can scour out a few better pictures to post another time.

8 comments:

Melissa and Dave said...

NICE! I love it!

Laura B. said...

i LOVE this and am so sad I missed it in real life! I love that Dan was Gargamel and Erika makes a fabulous Smurfette!
How fun!!!
(I love that you sewed everything, you crafty thing!!!)

jrushing said...

Too funny! I just love Danny's face! His face just says it all! What a great bunch of Smurfs!! Way to go!

Courtney said...

So fun! I just read your post about the pumpkins and those are awesome! We went to the store to get pumpkins this year only to find out they cost $25...are you kidding!? So no pumpkin carving for Addie's first Halloween =(

Bingy's blog said...

Oh my gosh, I love it! I am laughing so hard at Dan being Gargamel! So funny! You did an awesome job on their costumes! Where is Azriel the evil cat?

cjdustin said...

What a blast from the past!! I'm sure a lot of people don't even know what Smurf's are. I just love it. You are always so creative. Dan looked too happy to be involved in the experience ;) Was your bathtub blue????

Michelle Williams said...

LOVE it, when I saw the pot full of blue, Smurfs were my first thought! But I thought your kids wouldn't know about them. Do you have them on DVDs?

You all look great and the eybrows on Dan were perfect. You were soooo clever! Did the blue come off your skin easily?

Jacob Garlan Miller said...

Could this be because Dan just couldn't stand the idea of wearing BYU blue, so he got Lou Holtz eyebrows instead?