19 November 2007

A Day with Dad


This past weekend Dan took Carson on a "boys only" weekend to the Notre Dame - Duke game. They left at the crack of dawn on Saturday and came home Sunday morning, short but FUN. The weather was cold and although I had packed hats, gloves, and scarves, Carson was still cold. Dan bought him several hot chocolates to keep his blood pumping. Carson also informed me later that they were able to have nachos and hot dogs, too! (this spells little boy heaven!) They also enjoyed finally watching Notre Dame WIN a game. Erika was a good sport and she stayed home with mom and worked on a monumental (in size) report that is due this week. When I asked Carson what his favorite part was he replied..."ALL OF IT!!! And I didn't just like it, I LOVED it! But, I really liked eating Taco Bell with Dad...that was fun" Well, I had to tell Dan that we could have saved some money and he could have just driven him down the road to the drive-thru. I am so glad they had a little time together now that Dan is so busy all the time.

8 comments:

cjdustin said...

That is so awesome. I'm glad Dan and Car could have some man time. It's funny what kids think is special. Taco Bell?

jenafeldman said...

Christy...
the taco bell comment totally reminded me that he must have a little of Gena in him - she always took us to taco bell when we went to her house (when we were living in Logan) to do laundry!!

Laura B. said...

How fun!!! And yay for Notre Dame actually winning a game!

jrushing said...

Ahhh cute little carson! We are happy he enjoyed his time! Uncle Shane would be proud that they ended the trip at Taco Bell!

The Roses said...

Isn't it so funny how boys love the food part best! Good for them, I bet it was a blast.

Jenn said...

Tell Carson that I think the nachos and hot dogs are the best part too. :o) And tell Erika that Meg wants a visit from her this Christmas.

Lisa said...

What a great Father/son outings. It is those times your kids will remember the most.

Amanda Neilson said...

So fun!what a great memory for them!