06 November 2007

Change is good!

For various reasons that include illness, too many activities, and serious technical difficulties I have been MIA... I have no apology, I think this is my pattern. I tend to do really well for a while and then fall off the wagon - this applies to all aspects of my life not just blogging. So just know that if I am attentive here then someone or something else is probably suffering! When I am a good Mom I am a horrible business partner....good friend - horrible Sunday School teacher...good business partner - horrible wife. Hmmmmmmm....well all I can say is that I'm a work in progress (or lack there of).

I have a new piece of equipment that just may save a little of my sanity and help me improve my record. I am now the proud owner of an iMac! This is going to be a little painful, but a lot of fun. As an avid PC user I am sure to go through a few growing pains as I learn new habits and ways to use my new "toy". I have to confess it will be like going from driving a stick shift to an automatic....I might try and hit the brake and the accelerator at the same time a few times, but eventually it all works out. This new system is really a special "gift". My laptop and I have had a very bad relationship for quite a few months now and it was really hampering my ability to do my Card Co. work. I was spending hours restarting my computer every 20 minutes - believe me I think I spent more time restarting than working. Anyway, my business buddies were tired of the same old excuses and convinced me it was time for an upgrade! For the type of work I do it will definitely be a plus! I am very thankful for technology that WORKS! I feel like I stepped out of a Pinto and into Lexus!

9 comments:

Melissa and Dave said...

I am so happy you are back! I was starting to wonder what happened to all of my friends :) congrats on the iMac.

Denise said...

So that my comment is in keeping with my own current post, let me just say..."He got me invested in some kinda fruit company."

jenafeldman said...

Forrest Gump?

Laura B. said...

ooh! love the new toy!

cjdustin said...

Nice! I'm happy for your new toy. I'm not the only one with techno problems i guess. Glad to have you back!

Sharisse said...

You have a card company! How cool! It's fun to look on your blog and see what you guys are up to!

Michelle Garff said...

Jen,

I ditched my pc for a mac just before coming to India and I am SO glad I did . . . however there were a few headaches as I changed my usual way of using a computer. And, this week- three months later, I finally realized pressing control with the mouse is like a pc right click! (Hope this hint helps you - but you probably already figured that out!)

Melissa and Dave said...

Happy Birthday Carson!!!
We love you so much!

love,
miss, dave and jackson

Amanda Neilson said...

Congratulations! (I just bought a new PC- I hope I don't regret it.)