18 October 2007

3 seconds of fame...


What an adventure today turned out to be. A friend had procured tickets to ABC's talk show The View and invited me to go with her and a few other gals. (thanks Lisa and Kristy) I am not easily star struck, but since I have lived here I thought it would be a fun thing to go and do and was thankful I could go with friends. (This is not a high priorty on Dan's list of "things to do in NYC) I was really not prepared for the day. We arrived a little late, and waited in our line. We were ushered in and given our seats. A little later, one of the production members came and asked us where we were from and if I would like to introduce one of the segments with a host! I said I would and when the time came I was quickly ushered out and stood with Whoopi Goldberg's arm around me as I frantically announced that Juliette Binoche was up next on The View! How crazy! We were so unprepared that we didn't bring our cameras and hadn't told anyone to Tivo this "Most Exciting Event".

I have to say that it was very interesting watching in person the "celebrities" that are so idolized in our society. They are very ordinary and quite human, not that I really expected them to be anything else. It was so much fun to watch and we even received a bunch of great goodies too! Anyway, it was a lot of fun and I highly recommend it for an interesting experience. Thanks everyone for helping make it a fun day!

16 comments:

cjdustin said...

I got to see you on TV!! How exciting! That is definitely a once in a lifetime for us ordinary folks. Just one of the perks of being a New Yorker. I'm very happy for you.

Melissa and Dave said...

I'm so mad... I watched the view but not during your part dangit! I'm glad you had so much fun.

jenafeldman said...

I have to say, going to a taping of something (rachel ray, martha, regis, the view, letterman) is a must next time you come to town. I was a goof, but it was so much fun.

Lisa said...

Glad to see the tickets went to good use - wish I was able to go with you!!

Melissa and Dave said...

We should plan on it when Dave and I come to visit :)

Rob said...

Hooray for stardom! I always knew you would be famous someday! ;o)

Jenn

jrushing said...

You are a natural Jenn! Whoopi said so! oh and I will be coming to NYC someday...someday...theres a place for us...somewhere...okay it is still after 11pm~!

Jenn S. said...

Yay Jen! Did anyone Tivo it? I want to see it. I'm sure you were a pro!

I went to the View a few times when I lived in NYC and was disappointed with how un-involved the cast was with the audience. They had very little interaction during comercial breaks and were more intent on touching up makeup and hair, etc. Sort of a bummer. Hopefully that dynamic has changed since the cast is so different now. Regis and Kelly on the other hand were awesome, super friendly and personable.If you haven't seen them yet, you have to go - so worth it!

What was your gift?

Laura B. said...

So fun! I'm so jealous, but even more sad that I missed your 15 seconds of fame!
I would have totally frozen!
Glad you had so much fun!!!

jenafeldman said...

We got a free MP3 player, disney princess dvd, book by Chris Dodd, pajamas, and bag. Such great goodies!!

Melissa and Dave said...

If someone Tivo'd it will you post it on your blog for us to see?

jrushing said...

I recorded it but I don't know how to get it off my tv to anything else!

Denise said...

The next time I see you will so sign my arm? You are sooo my hero!

Amanda Neilson said...

So fun! I missed the show, so we'll have to add it to our list of "things to watch" on girls nights.

NY Barney Family said...

that is so cool - jealous!! I wish I would have seen it!

Melissa and Dave said...

Jenn- are you alive? we haven't heard from you in a while... I hope everything is going well ;)
love ya,
melissa and dave