08 July 2007

Happy July 6th!





Yes, July 6th, our day of celebration--or reckoning as the case may be! On July 6, 2006 we became house-owners for the first time! (Moment of silence) We will not mention the state of said "house" at the point of purchase. After a year here I can officially celebrate our move and declare myself a proud "home-owner" instead! Yes, I have found over the last year my heart has sprouted little roots of affection for this pile of lumber, sheetrock, and nails we purchased (note the lack of insulation). I don't think you can work this manically on something and not have at least a little affection for it. When you work this hard for something part of your soul or self is forever bound to it. Note I have yet to declare my LOVE for this place--we still have too much to do and to much to pay for for that. When I look back at what we started with I am amazed at how much we have accomplished with the help of many dear friends and family. No time to get too nostalgic, we still have a long way to go--our front porch still looks like a cold sore--or pimple that needs popping--on the front of the house and the backyard isn't really a "yard". Compared to what it was and it does look better....









We decided to have a "Happy Anniversary" BBQ and it was wonderful! Truly in the spirit of the occasion we had a piece of sheetrock over a laundry basket for our table, and picnicked under our beautiful Japanese Maple! Yeah!

7 comments:

Laura B. said...

Hooray for you!!! Love the picnic table and the celebration! The house IS wonderful!!!

cjdustin said...

You guys have done such a great job. What a great experience for you. I am very proud of you.

Suzanne said...

I am amazed! I'm glad that you are smart enough to get "before" pictures so we can see how amazing the "after" is!
Keep up the good work :)

Jaclyn said...

You guys are absolutely amazing! What a sense of accomplishment! It is so cute and I'm very happy for you!

Melissa and Dave said...

The house looks absolutely beautiful! You all have done such a great job.

Jenn S. said...

It's wonderful! I want to see more inside pictures please! :)

Chrissy said...

You guys are doing such an amazing job on your house! I'm so impressed! Glad to see Dan made it to the "celebration"!