02 July 2007

coming up for air!

Well, it has been a busy summer--and we are just hangin' out. No trips planned just a summer of the same old stuff. I should say no "family" trips because I will be travelling all over this summer. I just returned from a quick 4 day trip to Ft. Lauderdale for a business. I met up with one of my best buddies, my mother-in-law! (I know "best buddy" and "mother-in-law" are rarely heard in the same breath, but I am pretty lucky!) It began the night before with a WILD storm that knocked out power around the area and wreeked havoc on air traffic! My 6 am flight was cancelled (I had to arrive that day to set up!) I was rescheduled for a later flight in 1st class--no complaints here--I got to sleep in a little and would get to travel non-stop in comfort! After saying my thank-yous and utilizing all the helping hands with kids and transportation arrangments I was off!

We had a pretty good show...lots of enthusiasm and quite a few wholesale contacts as well. While there we were lodged in a FABULOUS resort hotel on the beach--thanks to a dear friend. I swear, it was wonderful! I have travelled all over and stayed in four and five star hotels, but this was one of...if not the best hotel I have stayed in. Unfortunately theses business trips are just that--business! We were only there for a few hours in the late evening and for sleeping. The view was wonderful and the staff was more than gracious.



We did have one little snafu...our room flooded due to stormy weather and a leaky window (see red arrow). My clothes were directly under said window and suffered for it...they were soaked. No problem--within a minute of my call the entire staff (ok, not quite the entire staff) was at the room evaluating the situation and settling on what to do. The bellman wisked us away to another suite at top speed while the housekeepers turned down the beds in our new room and another staff member wrote us a pass for 2 facials at the Luxury Spa! Ahhhhhhhhh........ this is living!



Due to our LONG hours we were unable to visit the spa so they substituted 2 breakfasts in their fab restaraunt. They also dry-cleaned my clothing, including my pajamas! Yes, my pajamas...I still have them on the hanger...I mean really, who gets their pjs drycleaned!



After two VERY LONG days at the show, several taxi rides with bizare drivers, and a 3.5 mile walk to our hotel I had to end it with and enormous drink! Ahhh...just what I needed! (I know the pic is out of focus...batteries were on their last leg!)



All in all I feel like I am just coming up for air after a few weeks of chaos. I wish it was the end of such fevered activity, but time to catch another breath and duck because this is the summer schedule.

4 comments:

Laura B. said...

So glad that you had a good time and loved the hotel!

The Roses said...

Wow, that looked amazing!

Melissa and Dave said...

Are you sure you didn't add a little something to that huge drink? :) I'm glad you had fun, It's hard not to have fun when you are with Shari!

Lisa said...

I love the drycleaned PJS - that is awesome!