14 May 2007

Who Me???

Since we have lived here I have made lots of appointments with new DR.'s, Car Repair, and of course contractors. Everyone seems to have a hard time spelling the name of the street I live on. Now in the village I live in N. Barry Ave is one of the "main" roads so I have always wondered why this is so difficult for people. While scheduling 2 much needed Dr. appointments I was informed why...

Receptionist: Address Mam...

Me: N. Barry Ave

Recep: Now is that spelled B, E, R, R, I, E?

Me: No, B, A, R, R, Y (to myself...why can't she spell this???)

Recep: Oh Barry! It was your accent!

ACCENT? Are you kidding me? (this lady had a thick NY accent by the way) Well I've always loved people with an accent...southern "ya'll", proper English, Australian, even Canadian "Eh!". Now I guess I do.

3 comments:

jrushing said...

What? Your accent is the strongest I have ever heard! Tell that New Yorker that contrary to popular believe there are other people and places in the US of A!

Liz said...

That's pretty funny. Pretty soon you'll be talking like the rest of the New Yorkers.

cjdustin said...

I've always thought you had an accent. ;)!