21 May 2007

Walking on Sunshine...

What's different...
is the house ready for inspection? No
is the lawn mowed? No
has my cold gone away? NO!!!
are my children obeying my every command? No
are the beds made? No
are the bathrooms clean? No
is the laundry done and put away? No
am i caught up at work? No
is my lesson ready for Sunday? No
is my bedroom organized? No
is my contractor on time? No
am i caught up at work? NO
have i read the Ensign? No
have i finished the moulding? No
are the floors vacuumed? No
is the painting finished? No
is my husband home before 1am? No
is the floor swept? No
are the bags under my eyes going away? No
AM I CAUGHT UP AT WORK??? Not only no but...Heck NO!
have I changed the oil in the car? No
have I cleaned out the front flower bed? No
have I written my thank-you notes? No
are the shoes put away? No
have I caught up on my e-mails? No
etc, etc, etc...



But the sun has been shining and no matter how long my list grows I'm walking on sunshine!!! I can't help but feel happy and ready to face my ever growing and unending list of "to dos". I remember now why I loved living in Texas...it certainly wasn't the scenery, although it was pretty in places, but there seemed to be an unending supply of sunshine. I have a sneaking suspicion that I could really love NY if only the sun would shine like it has the past few weeks! I won't jinx our weather and will promptly end this post and "knock on wood".

5 comments:

cjdustin said...

ditto to that!!! Both the list and the lack of sunshine. Have a happy sunshiny day!

jrushing said...

I am glad someone is walking on sunshine! Here's to a blissful sunny day!

Amanda Neilson said...

Amen!! All winter long we wonder "What are we doing here?" Then spring comes with the flowers and sunshine and we say,"Isn't it great to be here?" I feel like my entire personality alters for the better as the thermostat rises. Love the post!

Jenn S. said...

Oh I am *so* with you! I need sunshine in my soul too! :)

And if you ever want to come back to Texas - you know you'll have plenty of friends (and sunshine) waiting for you! :)

Laura B. said...

I agree!!! It's amazing how a little sunshine and warm temperatures can make everything bearable!