07 May 2007

I gues everybody has a sick day...

OK, I know this sounds hard to believe, but Erika (9) has only been sick 3 times in her life--measles, chicken pox, and a nasty bout of the flu as a baby. She has at times envied the children at school who were out with the flu and even feigned illness a time or two in an attempt to have a sick day. This weekend her wish was granted. Sunday we woke up to a little girl with a mild fever and a headache... nothing a little Tylenol wouldn't cure. I administered the medication and tucked her in feeling that I had indeed done my motherly duty. To my surprise and horror an hour or so later she threw up....my little girl who never gets sick THREW UP! She did not make it to the bathroom--I don't think she thought to go to the bathroom because she has never had this experience before. She did however manage to make a direct hit on our comforter, pillow, and bed. (I am soooo glad we invested in the super-sized, sanitizing, front-loading washer and dryer!) I quickly regained my composure and found a bowl and towel and prepared myself for a long day--I was not disappointed. She has spent a miserable 36 hours and has decided that being sick is not fun. Now Carson is convinced he is "sick" too. I am pretty sure he has a case of the "I'm jealous because my sibling is getting lavished with attention" disease. Hopefully they'll both be over the bug in a day or two--This is one of those rare times you hope your child doesn't share.

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

Poor Erika! I hope she feels better soon!!

Liz said...

I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

The Roses said...

The extra capacity washer and dryer are the best!

Lisa said...

I hope she is better - sickness is no fun