17 January 2010

Some explaining...

It is shameful to come back to this blog now. There are so many things that I wanted to write about and commit to something much more permanent than my memory - I just didn't do it. I got too paralyzed by not having the cute/funny/witty that I never posted. Whenever I relate a story or item of interest to my Dad he predictably asks, "Did you write that in your journal?" Since I gave up journal writing the day I got married I always have to sheepishly mumble an excuse. I want to use this as a place to record the easily forgotten, the mundane, and even my frustrations. Then next time he asks I can say..."yes, have you read my blog?"

The best reason to keep this up over the next year is even better. My Mom and her husband are serving a mission in Australia and keeping them updated on my life and the kids is proving to be much harder than I anticipated so Mom this is also for you!

5 comments:

Melissa and Dave said...

Don't feel bad. I feel like that all the time! Everyone does. Glad you are back :)

Laura B. said...

Yay! My Christmas wish came true...you're back to blogging!! Your kids are SO BIG. let's talk soon. xoxo

Cherie said...

I am so glad your back and we can keep up with you and your family!

Michelle Williams said...

Yay, yay YAY!!! I'm glad you are back and no I will not expect the amazing or profound or oh so witty stuf. I will enjoy seeing glimpses into your world , your gorgeous kids and feeling connected with you again! Thanks!

Lynita said...

I know how you feel I took a few months off myself! Glad to have you back!