31 January 2010

Christmas in Mexico Part 1

Because of all the baggage limitations (and also to preserve my sanity) we spread Christmas over several days. The festivities began on the 21st of December the night before we flew out. All the presents from my parents were opened as well as presents from cousins and presents to each other. Grandpa Lynne always picks a picture of the kids (and the adults) from that year and turns it into a wooden puzzle. Not the kind you mail in to a company and they whip out a neat tidy little puzzle, but a crazy one mounted on masonite that takes forever to figure out. It is one of our favorite traditions and the kids (except Cal who doesn't know what he is missing yet) can't wait to open them up and put them together. I myself have puzzles going back to around 4 years of age...at Christmas Grandpa is busy! By my estimation he has made around 200 puzzles through the years.


Dan surprised me with this lovely perfume...I am picky when it comes to fragrances and I can tell you this one is a winner! I love it!!!


The kids received a new music stand and rosin for their violins. When they opened it they acted like they had just received a stink bomb.


Once we arrived at the house in Mexico Grandma and Grandpa surprised the kids with a "Christmas Tree"! They made most of the decorations and were delighted to have a tree for Christmas.






I usually make matching pajamas for Christmas, but it was just too much so I hit Old Navy and Grandma brought some for Cal and we had fun opening the Christmas Eve pjs.



Christmas morning was amazingly beautiful and the kids had fun discovering all the fun things Santa delivered. We were just glad Santa decided to "pack light" so that we could cart it all home.






Carson received a make-your-own-martian kit and they both made many martians Christmas day. The rest of us lounged, snacked, and generally lazed around for the day! Ahhhhhh!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Yeah, welcome back to the blogging world. The kids are getting so grown up, loved seeing pictures of you guys.

cjdustin said...

That looks like quite a Christmas! I can't wait to take my family to the Mexico house too. It looks like you had so much fun!

jrushing said...

It looks like someone celebrated Christmas! We are still stuck in August on my blog! Glad to see your good times in Mex-ee-co!

Michelle Williams said...

Ahh Jenn you have such a cute family! It's so fun to see pics of you all and feel of your sweetness through your naration. Love you!!!

Lynita said...

Wow what a fun Christmas! I think those puzzles sound awesome, I would love to see them sometime! You should post some pix of them here!