24 September 2007

the trouble with dogs...


I had a FABULOUS week last week....my Dad was in town and we spent the week walking all over Manhattan and beyond! It was such fun! Near the end of the week I lost my NEW cell phone--yes, the one i waited a year for--suffering with a phone that didn't work till I got the new one. Well, after searching fruitlessly we decided to just go buy a new one so that I could survive. I found a Verizon store in the city and upon our arrival at Grand Central we headed off to find it.

After walking 12 or so blocks I found the store and approached the door, only to stare in wonder/horror at the sign on the door. It read:

SERVICE DOGS ONLY!

Well I didn't know what to do. I looked around for another entrance, but to my dismay there was no other entrance door to the store. (At this point there were several people waiting in line behind me to get into the store.) I was so baffled because I could see the people inside and couldn't figure out how they had gotten there. I turned to my Dad and he asked what was wrong...I pointed to the sign and he shrugged and replied, "So?"

"Well I can't find another entrance!" With the realization of what I had just said dawning on him he told me in a tone of voice you would use on a dumb animal, "It doesn't mean 'Dogs Only', just that no pet dogs are allowed." As the waves of humiliation crashed down (those waiting behind me laughed as they passed me on their way into the store) I realized what I had just done. I pulled the ULTIMATE dumb blonde moment! Well, I have no excuse for myself...

13 comments:

cjdustin said...

Maybe you should get a service dog and then you could enter wherever you choose;) These things are what make life interesting.

Melissa and Dave said...

You made my day with that story... I hope you don't mind I have told a few people. Seems I need a little more humor these day's

cjdustin said...

PS love the new card for October! Very cute. You guys are really talented.

Laura B. said...

you are too funny! besides...that could happen to anyone!

jrushing said...

Oh that was nice of KiKi to compliment our talents huh? Yeah Jenn that was a great moment! I hope you laugh about it. At least you didn't book your husband to some city that he was not intending to travel to...ever!

jenafeldman said...

Do you think it is some sort of TCC virus Julie? Considering our track record I think it might be...obviously it is highly contagious!

Anonymous said...

I think this beats my "oh its okay,those traffic lights are just broken" story!!!

jenafeldman said...

brie...oh definitely!!!

The Roses said...

Oh, Jennifer...that is too funny! I bet Dan teased you about that one.

Liz said...

Sorry you lost your phone and I am glad that you were able to get into the store to buy a new one.

Jenn said...

Hee, hee, hee, hee! Aw Jenn, you make me laugh. I miss ya. :o)

Lisa said...

So funny!!

NY Barney Family said...

I LOVE IT!! That totally made my day - you are so funny!!!