22 February 2007

I Can't Lift My Arms...


Well, Dan had the weekend off for the first time since.....I can't remember when. Anyway, we got ambitious and decided to tackle the living room. We have been procrastinating this task because of the amount of work involved. The ceiling paint had chipped down to the plaster in places leaving big "holes." To fix the problem we had to scrape the entire ceiling, patch the "holes" with joint compound, sand, prime and paint. We decided to do the walls at the same time so that we would only have to deal with the dust once! This task turned into a monumental event...we ended up having to patch 60% of the ceiling....basically giving it a "skim coat" of compound. I have learned that one of Dan's many talents is patching walls! Of course this required sanding as well. By the time we had scraped, patched, sanded, primed, and painted the ceiling I couldn't lift my arms above my head!!!! (Ok, 4 days with your arms above your head will make most anyone's arms tired!) It looks great now...almost like a real room. Once the moulding is up we will be ready to put the color on!!!

6 comments:

Jenn S. said...

Holy Cow! That is a ton of work - I can't wait to see how it all turned out. :)

Courtney said...

Wow! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Courtney said...

Ok so I just looked at the Card Co website for the first time and you guys have the cutest stuff! I am totally going to have to stock up!

jenafeldman said...

thanks guys...it is a totally overwhelming project, but little by little we are turning it into a house! (thanks about the Card Co!)

Joe said...

good luck with the projects! I really enjoy working on our house, but I'm sure that will wear off sooner or later. Our latest project is our garden. All we have left is to sift the rocks out of the dirt (it was previously landscaped with egg pebbles). With 80 degree weather here in South Texas we've got to get our "winter" seeds in the ground or forget about it this year. Love the updates on the house--I can't wait to visit sometime in person. Give Dan and the kids a big hello from Charles, Joey, and the Kewishes.

Lisa said...

Looking good!