04 March 2008

Happy Birthday Baby!

This was supposed to be up yesterday (March 4), but if you haven't noticed I have been "OUT" lately! So here goes...one day late!!!



Dan is not one to talk about himself, so I thought I would do it for him on his birthday!

* He is very responsible....I love that he has a been able to do such a good job juggling all the balls that we have had in the air the past two years!

* He is very funny....you out there (especially here in NY) don't see this side of him very often, but he is always springing one-liners on me and the kids. Hopefully our friends here in NY will be able to get to know this side of him sometime.

* He is very unselfish....He is always thinking about what he can do for me or the kids and rarely splurges (either time or money) on himself. He has always gone out of his way to watch the kids when he can so that I can travel, he will buy me new clothes even when he needs something for himself much more. He loves to pamper me if possible and will sacrifice something he needs or wants so that he can get something for me. I think I take this for granted at times and I am so grateful for such a sweet husband!

* He is passionate about college football and Notre Dame Football in particular - as most of you know. This has been a struggle for me...I am an on again off again college football fan and by the end of November I am done spending Saturdays in front of the tube. Once again he surprised even me with very limited football time this year sacrificing one of his loves to spend time with the family.

* He is good at a lot of things and if he isn't he will figure out how to do it. I love this about him! I am always asking him how to do things and to figure things out for me.

* He is a Great dad. He is so patient with the kids, especially since we came to NY. They love it when he calls from the office and helps them with homework or settles their disputes. He is always looking to the future when he can be home more with them again.

* He is adventurous! He loves to try new things, go new places, and eat new foods. He isn't afraid of a challenge - which sometimes gets us in over our heads (read massive home renovation + i banking job + move to NY). He doesn't let it get him discouraged and constantly works on finding solutions to it all.

* He is optimistic. I am a pessimist for sure - I think I do it so that I won't be disappointed if it doesn't work out. I fight against it constantly! I love that he is so optimistic for our future. It keeps me going and working hard and happy. He is always the one to bring me back from the brink of despair with his positive thoughts. I love this about him.

We are so lucky to have such a great guy in our lives! Happy Birthday!

(This may be my last post...he won't be happy that I talked about him!)

15 comments:

Melissa and Dave said...

Happy Birthday Dan! It is fun reading about him. Also why is this your last post? and is that forever?

NY Barney Family said...

Happy Birthday Dan!

jenafeldman said...

miss - dan may just ban me from blogging because I spilled the beans on him!

Melissa and Dave said...

I see... I was scared there for a minute or I might just be a dork. :)

jrushing said...

Happy Birthday Danny! My little schunckie wookie. I hope you got to enjoy your day!

Joe said...

Happy Birthday Dan. The check is in the mail...

Seriously, we need to figure out some co-vacation time again soon. Remember when we met at DisneyWorld? We are going in Sept and doing a cruise too. Make it happen!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Dan!

Jenn said...

Happy Late Birthday Dan! and good to see you back Jenn. Hope you guys were able to find a little quality birthday celebration time.

Michelle Williams said...

Hope you had a great birthday Dan!

It's good to see another post. I was getting very worried about you! How are ya doing? Are you having kidney trouble yet, bed rest?

XOXOX love you, take care!!

cjdustin said...

Happy Birthday little bro. I love you too! Sorry I didn't get to you on your birthday. See you soon!

Jenn S. said...

Happy Birthday Dan!

And all the Dallas-Whartoners *still* laugh about Dan and his love for NASCAR and the random names he submitted for that name game we played in the OBX. He is such a crackup!

Lynita said...

Happy Birthday Dan! It is fun to read about Dan, cuz I haven't talked to him much!

Anonymous said...

Happy Late Birthday Mr. Spoonhead.
Love, Brie and Travis

Denise said...

When did Dan go to work for Xerox? I am pretty sure that his hours will improve if that's the case...

Happy B'Day, Dan. Carson described your presents and cake in great detail all the way to school the other day. There are just no secrets when you have a 5 year old son. Really, NONE... :-)

Rob said...

Happy Belated Birthday Dan (also my little schunckie wookie - I'm so pissed that someone else calls you my pet name...thought I was special to you...)