09 September 2007

What happened to August?

Well, I will now offer a short explanation...

At the "last minute" we packed up and flew to Idaho for work. Which means my business partners and I (Dan's mom and sister) attempt to work while our kids (Erika age 9, twins Alli and Andrew age 5, Carson age 4, and Ty age 1) tear up grandma's house which is completely NOT childproof. This means what should take us an hour generally takes four because of all the potty breaks and time spent helping grandpa and grandma fix whatever the kids broke or attempted to destroy, etc. All in all, we still accomplished quite a bit.

I was hoping for a little time to visit a few people, but because of the afformentioned schedule (and the fact that the plane tickets were paid for out of our business) I didn't make it. (Please forgive me Lisa and Kim and Richard and Diane!) I was able to squeeze in a tooooo brief visit with my family on Saturday afternoon and Sunday! It was great to see my brother and his girls (i'll forgive Sally for not coming because i know she was saving it up for a trip out east instead--broad hint intended! Hugs Sally) And really fun to see my sister and her girls too. The kids LOVE the cousins. My Mom and Dee saved Erika and Carson by coming up when they could to rescue them and take them back to their own house (one mile away) to ride horses and play.

While we were gone Dan went to the opening Notre Dame game with his brother. I should require him to post this himself, but he may never get around to it so in short:

*met in Chicago and were going to drive to South Bend

*the car company took their reservation, but they didn't HOLD their reservation! (finally got a car)

*they arrive at the game after half-time.

*ND is crushed...pulverized by Georgia Tech...OUCH!!!

*Had a FABULOUS time with his brother anyway!

We are back safe and sound and trying to get it and keep it together!

3 comments:

The Roses said...

I bet your kids loved spending time with family, and how fun to get to ride horses.

Lisa said...

Sorry we missed you but I totally understand the crazy schedule. Give us a ring another time :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jennifer & Danny! My sister- Jill saw your blog and told me I should look at it. What a beautiful family you have, and Jen you look like a movie star! Anyway, if I ever get to it, I'll start a blog. I'm on the other side of the country in Seattle. It was fun to see your pictures. Take care, Carla C. Woodson