16 March 2007

On our way to eternity...


Eleven years...do the years just seem to fly by for anyone else out there? In my mind I am still that young, eager bride full of adoration for the near perfect person I had chosen to spend my life with--our whole life was planned out before us. I am not ready to dispense marital advice, but over the few years we have been married I have come to several realizations. First, you can NEVER "plan" your life--don't be dissapointed if you don't end up where you thought you were going! Some of the best things that have happened in our lives began as the biggest disappointments. Second, sucess is a process not a destination. We have succeeded in SO many things...not in everything we have set out to do, but in many things we didn't set out to do and accomplished along the way. Third, I am not perfect and neither is my husband, but we are amazingly content and very much in love in spite of (or perhaps because of) those imperfections! So although I am not the blushing bride of eleven years ago (I can't say that of my spouse...he still looks 23) I am so happy today to be married eleven years and counting....

7 comments:

jrushing said...

Oh what a happy couple! Sorry that I didn't remember the blessed day! I am sure you wouldn't have had time to chat anyway! Happy Anniversary!

Liz said...

Congratulations on eleven years. You guys are such a cute couple.

Lisa said...

Congrats! That is a GREAT picture of you!

Amanda Neilson said...

BOTH of you look terrific! Congrats!

The Roses said...

So true! Great words of wisdom. Happy Anniversary!

jenafeldman said...

Kim...I am so happy to see you here! Thanks:)

Jenn S. said...

Happy Anniversary guys - you *both* look like you take regular drinks from the fountain of youth! :)