28 January 2007

Fires are so cozy...

When I was little we heated our entire house via the family room fireplace...we would haul wood all fall and then burn it up all winter. I remember many cozy nights curled up on the hearth with my back to the fire and my wet hair drying in the heat. (I had just had my nightly bath) The warm fire heated you all the way to the bones enabling you to fall into a comfortable sleep.

I haven't had a fireplace for over 15 years and when we saw this house with the charming woodburning fireplace waves of nostalgia flooded over me! Fast-forward 6 months to Jan. 2007...the nostalgia is all gone...it disappeared somewhere between hauling forty pounds of wood in every evening and the smoke flooding the family room every so often setting off all three fire alarms upstairs! Regardless of these minor issues the cozy fires we have are still one of the best things about our house right now...in fact I am curled up in front of a roaring one right now!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Aww I wish we had a fireplace! Yah I actually cheered with Ashley for 2 years. I had no idea you guys were related...thats crazy!